Friday, April 29, 2011

Technical Difficulties

Unfortunately it has been a while since I've been able to get on here. I've had some issues with my old Compaq computer, it definitely has had better days. My power cord broke, so I haven't been able to even turn on my computer and I have moved into an apartment where our internet wasn't working for some time. I'm actually using my roomie Jeffy Bercume's computer now. But, I've gotten a new power cord and will be able to start using my computer again.

I have some catching up to do. I was lucky enough to face another big league starting pitching, this time for the Angels. We faced Joel Pineiro over a week ago at the Angels complex. This time there wasn't the build up or anticipation as there was when we faced Ubaldo. The Angels took the field, then we heard that we were facing Pineiro. And he managed to get about 12 outs in the 3 innings that he pitched, including striking out yours truly..in 3 pitches. 12 outs in 3 innings, you may be scratching your head. Well the extended spring games aren't official games, so sometimes teams will end innings before reaching 3 outs because they don't want the pitcher throwing too many pitches (he may be rehabbing and be on a strict pitch out). In Pineiro's case, he was on a strict pitch count each inning and he would stay out there until he reached his limit. I think he recorded 5 outs in 1 inning. He doesn't overpower you, but he throws a ton of strikes and every pitch moves. In 2010 Pineiro was 10-7 with a 3.84 ERA. On another note, Jiminez has returned to the Rockies and had 2 starts since coming off the disabled list.







I've been getting updates from one of my best friends Matt Carbone about my former team, the Raiders of Torrington High School. THS is having a great season, they are now 10-0 and leading the Naugatuck Valley League. My former coach, Gerry Carbone collected his 300th win..congrats coach, I'm hoping for a big end to the season for you guys. I hear the weather is finally warming up some back in the northeast, perfect for baseball season..make the most of it every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment